We’re Hiring –Project Manager
|Agile Project Manager
|Specific Purpose Contract (Full-time), approximately 59 months
|Learnovate Centre, School of Computer Science and Statistics
|Appointment will be made on the Administrative 1 to the bar (€56,196-€70,469) salary scale at a point in line with Government Pay Policy
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Agile Project Manager in The Learnovate Centre. The Learnovate Centre is an industry-led research centre in educational technology.
Our multi-disciplinary team works with our industry partners to deliver innovative learning technologies in the areas of mobile & collaborative learning, social & informal learning immersive learning, and metrics & assessment.
Reporting to the Programme Manager the ideal candidate will have excellent facilitation, communication and influencing skills. A team player and self-motivated, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong team ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Using Lean Innovation processes to manage the lifecycle of specific projects in The Learnovate Centre including:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to define, scope and execute demonstrators, prototypes and bespoke projects
- Creating and managing schedules, resources and budget
- Working with the Programme Manager to prioritise and maximise resource and time usage across multiple projects
- Working with industry partners to provide detailed specifications and requirements
- Creation and maintenance of project documentation and processes in line with best practice
- Communicating project progress, information and outputs
- Working within Agile Frameworks facilitating project teams in areas such as:
- Identify, assesses and aid the team in solving problems
- Guide the team in Scrum best practice
- Remove obstacles that affect the team
- Recognised qualification in project management methodologies Agile, Prince 2, PMBOK
- 3 years’ experience managing software projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment with at least one of these in Agile Project Management
- Experience in working as a consultant with internal and external customers
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to operate with high flexibility in a constantly evolving team environment
- Proven ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Strong team player
- Experience in using standard project coordination tools including commercial offerings, MS Project, Excel etc
- Experience working in a Lean Innovation Environment an asset
- Experience working in a research-driven working environment
- Experience of conducting end user trials
- Experience in designing technology-enhanced learning environments
- Experience with Design Thinking, LEAN Start Up and/or Agile development
Background to the Post
The Learnovate Centre is an Enterprise Ireland/IDA funded centre of excellence in learning innovation. The centre brings together state of the art research with the real world business problems of our industry partners. The centre aims to develop innovative industry-led learning technology solutions to benefit the Irish EdTech industry.
The School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin offers a high-quality educational experience to undergraduate and postgraduate students along with exceptional research opportunities for professionals in the fields of computer science and statistics. The school is proud of its reputation as an innovative and energetic centre for study and research.
The research interests of the school are wide and varied, ranging from the theoretical to the practical. The school’s researchers are at the cutting-edge of their disciplines, working on prestigious research projects with other professionals in their fields, and with access to significant public and private funding and industry support.
Trinity College Dublin
Founded in 1592, Trinity College Dublin is the oldest university in Ireland and one of the older universities of Western Europe. On today’s campus, state-of-the-art libraries, laboratories and IT facilities, stand alongside historic buildings on a city-centre 47-acre campus. Trinity College Dublin is currently ranked 43rd in the top world universities by the Times Higher Education Supplement Global University Rankings 2009 and 13th in Europe. Trinity College Dublin offers a unique educational experience across a range of disciplines in the arts, humanities, engineering, science and human, social and health sciences. As Ireland’s premier university, the pursuit of excellence through research and scholarship is at the heart of a Trinity education. TCD has an outstanding record of publications in high-impact journals and a track record in winning research funding which is among the best in the country. TCD has developed significant international strength in its research in eight major themes which include globalisation; cancer; genetics; neuroscience; immunology and infection; communications and intelligent systems; nano and materials science as well as Irish culture and the creative arts. TCD aims to become the world reference point in at least one of these areas of research in the next 10 years
In order to assist the selection process, candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter (1x A4 page) that specifically address the following points in their application.
1. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in project management, with at least one in Agile Software Project Management. Applicants should clearly address this experience and how they obtained their knowledge in their application.
2. An understanding of stakeholder facilitation is essential. The applicant should give examples of involvement in stakeholder facilitation and what the applicant learned from the process.
3. Illustrate, through past example, their ability to work on their own initiative and resolve problems.
Note: Candidates who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the short list stage.
Candidates should also note that the interview process for this appointment may include the delivery of a presentation and may include a test of practical skills.